WordPress hosting is a type of web host optimized for WordPress websites. It is recommended if you need a high-performing host and most importantly if you are building a WordPress website.
The exact cost of WordPress hosting will depend upon the provider and plan you choose, and the resources you need. WordPress hosting providers have different plans with different resources. For example, You can get 50GB SSD on one plan while you get 30GB SSD on another.
Cheap WordPress hosting costs between $1 to $12 per month. Most providers offer a monthly saving of between 40-75% on their WordPress hosting plans. This means you can pay less than the original price for the first few months or years.
Looking for the best WordPress hosting provider and choosing the plan you need can be a daunting task but we have your back.
In this post, our web host experts curated a list to compare the WordPress hosting costs to help you choose what you need to host your WordPress website. You can also check the parameters that determined our top 20 WordPress hosting providers.
WordPress Hosting Price Table – Top 20 WordPress Hosting Price Comparison
|Our Ranking||Host||Cheapest Monthly Price||Length of Plan||Monthly Saving||Pay Monthly Price||Money Back Guarantee||Website|
|#11||A2 Hosting||$11.99||3 years/Monthly||50%||23.99||30 Days|
Factors Affecting the Cost of WordPress Hosting
WordPress Hosting plans and pricing depend on a number of factors and features. Some of the factors include the plan you choose, the features included in each plan, and the resources you need for your website. Understanding these factors will help you choose which WordPress hosting provider is perfect for your website needs in terms of optimum performance and reliability.
Type of WordPress Hosting Plan
Ever landed on a website and saw different phrases like shared, VPS, and managed? They are types of WordPress hosting packages and knowing what they can offer your site is key to choosing successfully.
Beginners launching their first sites can start with Shared WordPress hosting as they need fewer resources. It is available at low prices and easy to set up because the server is shared with other websites and users. If an upgrade is required due to more traffic which requires more resources, then you can move on to VPS WordPress hosting.
Your WordPress hosting plan can also be managed or unmanaged. If it is managed, it will cost more than unmanaged. Some WordPress hosts like Kamatera allow you to configure your server by choosing any of the above types. In contrast, others have different packages such as Shared WordPress hosting, Managed WordPress hosting and VPS WordPress hosting, which are clearly stated whenever you land on their WordPress hosting plan page.
The Resources and Features Available
The resources available on a particular WordPress hosting plan can affect how reliable your site is, as well as the performance and scalability of your website. Setting up a hosting plan to make your WordPress site load faster needs more dedicated resources. To have access to more resources, you need to pay more money.
Some hosting providers can keep their WordPress hosting costs as low as possible because they share server resources between multiple sites. This can be cheap, but it will affect how fast your website loads because the resources are limited.
If you plan to offer the best website performance to your customers, it will be wise to invest in a plan with more resources.
Other additional features like the number of backups, server locations, and WordPress updates can also affect the price of your plan.
The Number of Websites
The resources discussed in the above factors will need to be multiplied if you want to host more than one website. This means that you need to pay more for effective website performance. With shared WordPress hosting, if you deploy 3 websites on the WordPress hosting, each website will still share the available resources. With Managed hosting, the number of websites means an increase in the resources assigned to your website.
Unique Facts: You can build different types of sites on WordPress but each of them requires more resources than the other. For example, an eCommerce website requires more resources than a blog or portfolio website.
Extra WordPress Hosting Costs to Consider
WordPress hosting price is not the only cost you will have to consider whenever you want to build and host your WordPress website. Although WordPress is free, you should expect to pay some additional costs to enjoy the best website performance.
Typically costs $5 to $20/year
Your domain name is the main address on your website that starts with “www” and ends with “.com” or “.net.” Every business or brand needs one if you want prospective customers to find you online.
You can start registering a domain name by checking if your chosen brand or company name is available. If it is still available in your preferred Top Level Domain, you can expect to pay an extra cost.
Domain Name Privacy
Typically costs $2 to $20/year
Domain privacy is a beneficial feature for many website owners due to the risk it prevents. To complete your domain name registration, you need to provide your personal details like email address, name, and address. These pieces of information are always available to anyone on the ICANN WHOIS website.
To add an extra layer of security, you need to pay an extra cost to subscribe for your information to be protected from scammers.
Typically cost $30 to $70/year
There are several free themes available to WordPress users, but some website builders prefer to buy a premium theme as it comes with additional website features. Your website will stand out in terms of design and will have access to all the tools for a perfect website.
Typically cost $47 to $200/year
A WordPress plugin is a software extension that adds new features when installed on a website. WordPress.com users need to subscribe to the business plan to install premium plugins. You might need a premium plugin like Yoast SEO to add new functionality to your WordPress website.
Again, there are many free plugins out there. But, you might be in a situation where a premium plugin is the only solution.
Typically costs $500 – $5000
Another benefit of using a CMS like WordPress is that it allows users to host and build websites from scratch without a coding language like HTML. But that doesn’t mean building a website with WordPress is what anyone can jump on.
If you are not an expert at web design, you can hire a professional to help with the web design process. Most of these experts are available on freelance platforms, or you can have an in-house person do it if you have one in your company.
How to save money on WordPress hosting without sacrificing quality
Anyone wishing to create a website on the WordPress platform must make the investment in WordPress hosting. But, hosting fees can quickly mount, particularly for bigger or more complicated projects. The good news is that quality can still be maintained while cutting costs on WordPress hosting. Here are five ideas to get you started:
- Search for hosting companies that are running specials or deals, such as holiday sales or new customer specials.
- Considering that shared hosting is frequently less expensive than dedicated or VPS hosting, pick that option instead.
- Choose a lengthier hosting agreement, such as a yearly or multi-year plan, as these frequently offer considerable reductions.
- Get the most cheap option that yet gives the features and performance your website requires by comparing several hosting companies.
- Using a content delivery network (CDN) can help you avoid the need for more expensive hosting plans by reducing server load and speeding up your website.
By using these suggestions, you can reduce your WordPress hosting expenses without compromising the look or functionality of your website.
Monthly vs yearly WordPress hosting: which is more cost-effective?
The option of whether to pay for hosting on a monthly or annual basis must be made when selecting a WordPress hosting plan. While monthly plans are practical for people who wish to avoid paying a huge amount up front, yearly plans frequently provide sizable discounts that can help you save money over the long term. While choosing between monthly and yearly WordPress hosting plans, keep the following five factors in mind:
- A reduction that can be as high as 30% off the monthly price is frequently offered with yearly plans.
- The more flexible monthly plans let you pay as you go and avoid making a long-term commitment.
- For individuals who intend to utilize WordPress hosting for an extended period of time, annual plans may offer a better value.
- For people who are unclear about their long-term hosting requirements or who may want to move hosting providers soon, monthly plans might be a better option.
- The best payment cycle to use will depend on your financial situation, hosting requirements, and long-term objectives for your website.
The choice between yearly and monthly WordPress hosting plans will ultimately be based on your unique priorities and circumstances. Before making this choice, take into account your spending limit, hosting requirements, and long-term objectives for your website.
Balancing cost and performance: optimizing your WordPress hosting for speed and value.
To obtain the best value for your money when it comes to WordPress hosting, it’s crucial to strike the appropriate balance between price and performance. Here are five recommendations for fast and cost-effective WordPress hosting:
- To increase the speed and performance of your website, pick a hosting company that provides quick servers and caching technologies.
- Reduce page load times and increase overall site speed by optimizing the images and videos on your website.
- To reduce server load and increase site speed, think about employing a content delivery network (CDN) to distribute your site’s content over several servers.
- By storing frequently used information and lowering server queries, a caching plugin can increase site speed.
- To increase the speed and general performance of your website, you should frequently monitor and optimize the database.
These suggestions will help you balance price and performance while maximizing the speed and efficiency of your WordPress hosting. It’s crucial to select a hosting package that meets your unique demands and website goals because there is no one-size-fits-all solution for WordPress hosting.
Negotiating WordPress hosting prices: tips for getting the best deal
Many WordPress hosting companies are open to negotiating pricing in order to get your business. In order to acquire the greatest bargain and reduce your hosting costs, negotiating is often a smart option. Here are five recommendations for haggling WordPress hosting costs:
- Do some market research to find out how much other hosting companies are charging for comparable programs.
- Inform several hosting companies that you are shopping around for the best price.
- Inquire about any possible discounts or special offers, such as seasonal specials or referral discounts.
- To get a better deal, think about including extra services in your hosting bundle, including website design or maintenance.
- If the hosting company is unwilling to bargain or offer a fair price, be ready to leave.
It takes some study and negotiation skills to bargain for cheaper WordPress hosting, but the savings may be well worth the effort. Consider other aspects like performance, reliability, and customer service while making your pick because not all hosting companies will be open to haggling.
The benefits of managed WordPress hosting: is it worth the higher cost?
An example of a hosting service that maintains all technical aspects of your WordPress site is managed WordPress hosting, which takes care of upgrades, backups, and security. Although managed WordPress hosting can be more expensive than standard hosting alternatives, it can also provide a number of advantages that make the increased cost worthwhile. Five advantages of managed WordPress hosting are as follows:
- Support from experts: Managed WordPress hosting companies often have dedicated support teams who are familiar with WordPress and may offer assistance from experts when needed.
- Greater site performance: Managed WordPress hosting frequently includes faster servers, caching technology, and other performance enhancements that can assist increase site speed and load times.
- Improved security: Managed WordPress hosting companies frequently offer stronger security features to shield your website from malware and hackers.
- Backups and upgrades are often handled automatically by managed WordPress hosting services, saving you time and effort.
- Scalability: Managed WordPress hosting has a higher potential for scaling than conventional hosting solutions, enabling you to handle traffic surges and support expansion with ease.
While managed WordPress hosting may cost more than standard hosting, it can provide a number of advantages that, for those who value professional assistance, enhanced performance, increased security, and scalability, make it well worth the price.
If you are planning to build a WordPress website for your business, you need the server and resources from WordPress hosting for effective performance. Even with the additional WordPress hosting costs, building and hosting your website with WordPress is a smart investment.
By choosing the perfect hosting plan from one of the top 20 providers, you can rest assured that you will get the needed tools and services specifically tailored to your site needs.
Please note that all web hosts are not created equal. If you are using WordPress to build your website, you need to choose a web host specially created for the most popular CMS.